I’ve mentioned before that I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. My hair is naturally SUPER thick, coarse, frizzy, and wavy. When I was younger, it used to take two people to style my hair for events like weddings and proms. My hairdresser always had to call for backup lol!
The beauty product that I am most grateful for being invented is a flat iron. I almost never wore my hair down in my high school days because I looked ridiculous. Now, thank goodness, I don’t have to worry about that! About a year and a half ago I found out about Keratin treatments, and they have truly changed my life, making my hair so much less frizzy and resistant to humidity.
So when Brian from Misikko contacted me to ask if I wanted to review a hair dryer, I was thrilled! Misikko.com specializes in salon grade flat irons and hair dryers. I have been using a crappy Revlon hair dryer forever, so I was excited to give something else professional grade a try and see the difference. I really don’t use my hair dryer to style my hair but more to dry my hair (use a flat iron to style), so keep that in mind.
First of all, my package arrived the next day, so shipping was super quick! Also included besides the blow dryer were some extra goodies such as more Keratin Complex Color Care Shampoo (which I was running out of anyway, so awesome!)
The product I was given to review is the HANAair Professional Hair Dryer. Also included in the box was a 2 ounce bottle of Hana Shine Shield and a concentrator nozzle attachment. When I first went to use the dryer, I thought I had a defective one because it was only blowing out cold air. I immediately contacted customer service, and was replied to within an hour. Turns out the cold shot button was pushed all the way in LOL…I felt so silly. I have now used the dryer a few times, and here is what I have found:
1. Because of its sleek and lightweight design, the dryer is very easy to handle.
2. It has 2 fan speeds, 3 different heat settings, and a cold shot to set your hair when finished drying.
3. The cord is extra long, which is awesome so I could move more around my bathroom.
4. It is slightly quieter than my other hair dryer.
5. My hair was somewhat less frizzy after using it when compared to my other dryer. I still couldn’t leave the house with my hair like that without flat ironing, but that’s the nature of my hair, not the product. Every salon I’ve ever been to in my life hasn’t been able to use just a brush and hair dryer to make my hair look presentable.
6. It took at least ten minutes off the drying time of my hair. If you have thick hair that takes forever to dry like me, this dryer did the trick! This was definitely the best feature about the dryer in my opinion.
1. The price tag…the retail value of this dryer is $314.99!! However, Misikko is selling it for $194.99 which still seems to be slightly higher than other professional grade hair dryers when I did pricing research. Would I have shelled out this much money for a hair dryer myself? No. However, I would definitely pay that much for a quality flat iron. So if a quality hair dryer is important to you, it’s worth it.
The HANAair Professional Hair Dryer is by far the best hair dryer I have ever used. If you are in the market for a new quality hair dryer, I highly recommend this product, and because of the amazing customer service I received, purchasing through Misikko.com.