Corporate Pirate

I guess my husband must still have our time on the Pirate’s of the Caribbean ride at Disney on his mind, because he told me I looked like a corporate pirate in this outfit.  Good to know wearing black, red, and stripes makes one look like a pirate 🙂

Corporate Pirate: red blouse black skirt striped pumps work outfit

Top: LOFT (similar here and here)
Skirt: Nordstrom (similar here and here)
Belt: Ann Taylor (similar here and here)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (similar here and here)
Bag: Michael Kors (similar here and here )
Sunglasses: Tory Burch
Watch: Michael Kors
Necklaces: Stella & Dot 1, 2
Bracelets: c/o Sira & Mara, Stella & Dot (on sale!)

View All Posts InWork Outfits Share 41 CommentsLeave a Comment

41 thoughts on “Corporate Pirate

1. meghan

haha i love how husband’s view our outfit choices! i get many reactions from mine like that too 🙂 but u look too darling! great dress!

XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

2. Tara Viktorin

That MK bag is one of my all time favorites. It’s on my wish list! I think this outfit is beautiful. haha your husband is funny!

3. Bri Marie

I love the things guys associate outfits with. Red + Black MUST be a pirate! haha I really do love this, though! I have the longer sleeved version of this top and just love it – I definitely want to pick up a short sleeved fun color like red!

4. Agi

Great outfit Tara and I’m not sure if i agree with your husband about looking like a corporate pirate. You look amazing.

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

5. createthatoutfit

I love the way you accessorized this outfit Tara…The jewels pop so well against this color palette.
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

6. Code Overdressed

My brother comes up with those kind of remarks all the time, men’s imagination is SO different, you look super chic! Accessories here play a big role, love the oversized chain bracelet!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

7. Ginny

Boys are weird. My wore a leopard dress Sunday and Brian was trying to talk my son into going on a leopard hunt. So fun, right? Anyway, you look great. I recently got a similar top in plun and I love this styling. Great inspiration!
    Ginny

8. AJ

A corporate pirate, HAHAHAH!! Love that. I don’t really see it though, I see a chic woman ready to take on the day!

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

9. SydneysFashionDiary.com

Love the black and red combo. You look so chic. Hope you and your husband had a great time at Disney. Who wouldn’t, right =)?